Thursday, February 10, 2011

Why Football Matters And Other Thoughts From My Introduction To The New Book 'Going Beyond'


After the close of the NFL football season, I thought it would be fitting for me to share some insights I recently gathered into watching professional football. They are put of my introduction to sports writer Robert Gilbert's fantastic ebook Going Beyond: Vision, The NFL, and the 2010 Carolina Panthers. Purchase the book at Amazon or Barnes & Noble. My complete introduction is as follows..............

Proverbs 29:18 warns readers that "where there is no vision, the people perish." It may seem dubious to begin a book about football with Biblical wisdom. The connection, however, between football and spirituality, philosophy, and identity is not murky. To both fans, and anyone with the semblance of an imagination, the battles waged, blood shed, victories won, dreams lost, and bones broken on the gridiron are the materials necessary for building a house of shelter from the world where virtues, such as courage, sacrifice, and fairness, along with a shared sense of purpose, are difficult to find.

CARRY ON..............

http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/beyond-borders/2011/02/why-football-matters-and-other-thoughts-from-my-introduction-to-the-new-book-going-beyond.html

No comments:

Post a Comment