Saturday, August 6, 2011

Kasay Left a Lasting Mark On Panthers' Franchise, Fans‎

When I think of the Carolina Panthers' various incarnations of Fan Fest through the years, I think of two Panthers players above all else - the late Fred Lane and John Kasay. I think of Lane because that's where he burst onto the scene. The running back was one of the very few players to make a mark on the field at Fan Fest and then continue that momentum for months.

I think of Kasay because of the way he acted at every fan day like the one coming up Saturday - he knew they weren't just another practice but were truly for the fans. After the Panthers released the last of the original Panthers last week, I asked readers on my "Scott Says" blog to email me with some of their favorite Kasay memories. I received far too many to publish them all here - thanks to all who participated. But this edited sampling should give you an idea of what Kasay meant to fans:

"That's No. 4 going out there"

CARRY ON

No comments:

Post a Comment