Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Panthers Need To Follow NFC South Lead



I said last week the Carolina Panthers need to take Auburn quarterback Cam Newton with the first overall pick in the upcoming draft. I also said there are pretty good indications the Panthers are at least giving very serious thought to using the pick on Newton or Missouri quarterback Blaine Gabbert.

Nothing’s changed in my eyes and my ears tell me nothing’s changed in how the Panthers are thinking.
But as I was working ahead on our weekly Draft Watch post, I realized something that adds even more reason for the Panthers to go ahead and draft a quarterback. I thought about the rest of the NFC South.

What’s the first thing New Orleans coach Sean Payton, Atlanta coach Mike Smith and Tampa Bay coach Raheem Morris did when they were hired? The methods varied and they each had some help from their general manager, but Payton, Smith and Morris went out and got a franchise quarterback.

Full Story & Comments Thread

http://carolinapanthercoalition.com/showthread.php?p=121617#post121617

No comments:

Post a Comment