Thursday, March 31, 2011

Father's Memory Has Da'Quan Bowers Motivated For NFL Draft


Dennis Bowers knew he was dying in August when he challenged his only son with his final wish during an emotional talk inside his Augusta, Ga., hospital room.

Bowers' message to his boy, Clemson defensive end Da'Quan Bowers? Rule the 2011 NFL draft.

"That last night I was able to spend with my father was the most important night of my life," Bowers said. "I'll never forget it.

"It was the most important life lesson I ever learned."
Dennis Bowers was a teacher to the end.

"My father told me what he expected of me as if he knew he was on his dying bed," Da'Quan said.
"His last wish was: 'Challenge yourself this year to be one of the best players in the country. And put your name in the draft. Challenge yourself to be the No. 1 pick of the 2011 draft.'

"That's what I did."

Full Story....................

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/2011-03-27-bowers-sw_N.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment